Sister Aloysius Grant
Principal: 1914 – 1917
Sr Aloysius received the holy habit of the Order on June 29, 1898 and was finally professed on June 22, 1900. During the following years, she was a member of the Angas Street congregation and taught the Primary Class before being appointed principal of SAC in May, 1914. In 1917, Sr Aloysius relinquished the position because of ill-health, but remained active within the congregation.
In 1921, Sr Aloysius was in charge of the convent at Parkside, and of the other seven sisters who formed the community. In 1930, she moved to Victor Harbor where she became the first superior of Coolock House, with three other nuns to assist her. Sr Aloysius died in 1939.
Archivist, St Aloysius College, 2020