Catherine McAuley Library

The first college library was St. Anne’s and was only open 2 days a week.

In 1954, the boarding school moved to Springfield which freed up some space in Dunlevie House where a new library was established.

 

1943 library
College Library 1943, SAC Archives
Catherine McAuley Library 1995
Catherine McAuley Library with 1995 addition, SAC Archives

The availability of Commonwealth funding to support school libraries and the teaching of science led to the construction of the first phase of a new purpose-built school library. In1970, the Catherine McAuley Library, named after the founder of the Mercy Order, opened on the top floor with science laboratories at the ground level.

In 1995, major additions to the building were completed. Since that time, the building has been frequently updated.