– instructions on the correct use of the apostrophe. Includes interactive exercises. From Purdue OWL
– vocabulary and interactive grammar activities. From Language Dynamics
– interactive quizzes, lessons and online forum for students
– Punctuation lessons: Apostrophes, Brackets, Colons, Commas, Dashes, Hyphens, Semicolons and more. Parts of Speech: Adjectives, Adverbs, Conjunctions, Interjections, Nouns, Pronouns, Prepositions, Verbs
– factsheets, worksheets ans quizzes on topics: Word grammar, Sentence grammar. From BBC
ccsdteacher 2011, Question marks, illustration, Flickr, accessed 3 May 2013, <http://www.flickr.com/photos/ccsd/6217427569/>, Creative Commons license: <http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/deed.en>.
Reading and Writing
Paradigm Online Writing Assistant
– includes: Organising, Revising and Editing your writing, Writing informal essays, Thesis/Support essays, Exploratory, Argumentative essays, Tips and techniques for writing poetry. Created by Chuck Guilford
– factsheets, worksheets ans quizzes on topics: Reading Writing, Spelling. From BBC
Piper, A 2007, What no one ever tells you about blogging, photograph, Flickr, accessed 4 May 2013, <http://www.flickr.com/photos/andypiper/341429556/>, Creative Commons license: <http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.0/deed.en>.
Behind the News
– current BTN materials. From ABC
– a wiki encyclopedia of pro and con arguments and quotations. From the International Debate Education Association
– publishers of ‘Issues in Society’. List of titles in the series with summary of chapters as well as facts and figures.
More Internet Resources